Then and Now A Reflection

I have in the last 2 months had a lot of time to reflect on quite a few things and spend hours disappearing into YouTube and Google Search holes. While I do not claim to know or even come close to knowing the amount that those I have watched do, the information shared has allowed me to see things differently. There are even a few posts I have done that directly do this.

Before the accident there was no amount of anything that would have convinced me to "let go of" my house. I endured long hours, and all kinds of things that strained or broke various relationships. After all it is hard to have a relationship with someone when they can get a phone call requiring them to go to work at any time, or have to alter plans at the last minute because of someone calling out of work. Yet these things happened and I stayed with my job because of the house.

What changed was the out pouring of help after the accident.

My Chosen Family had been very open and caring prior to the accident, but I was too busy to appreciate it. Also too cynical and scared. Scared that should I rely on them they would go away. However when one has to rely on others for some of the most basic things in life, one learns to trust again. Now having traveled the southern part of the USA a bit that trust has grown as well. There are a lot of genuinely nice and caring people out there.

The trick is not that they will go away, but that you do not overly burden one person. It is not that the person leaves or quits you, but that they need to recharge and "fill their cup" again.

So I have taken to applying this principal to my life. Its not so much a you have to give something to get something mentality, but more of a recognition of the fact that if my cup runs dry then I will have nothing to give.

Then I further this lesson I am adding what I learned from that … Tradition. What you put in your cup dictates what you can give out.

So these days I look for those who add to my life in positive manners, so that I can add to their lives or the lives of others in positive manners. Everything else is a waste of time as it does no good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rebell or To Not - What is the line between Passion and Toxicity?

Worship Wheel

Because You're Beautiful ...