Sometimes Simple is Where it's at.

In the last 3 months my life has drasticly changed. From the moment on that fateful day when I chose to ride to work to now I have been blessed. Most people would not consider themselves blessed to be hospitalized and made an invalid, but I do. I am getting stronger every day, physically, mentally, and spiritually. The entire ordeal has been a blessing.

Through this ordeal I have come to appeciate the simple things in life. An altar in my room, being able to cook, being able to walk, being able to bathe by oneself, not being in pain, not needing prescription pain medication.

When I first got home from the hospital I took down my existing altar, because I didn't know who would be helping me or their religious views. Many of my friends with various religious leanings balked at my doing so; it was my home and thus my right. But it' not, having an altar in my home is a privilege, not a right. Especially when I am asking people to come help me with the basics of life. Even though those in the helping professions are more than likely used to various different religions, it does not make it right for me to smack them in the face with mine. On a ironicly hilarious note, my protection talisman kept smacking my physical therapist in the face as it was hung from my ceiling fan in the middle of my room. Taking it down was just not going to happen.

As time progressed I did put my altar back up in an abriviated fashion. Each item was thought out to be as inconspicuous, but functional. This allowed me to start a daily practice up again and it is a simple jone for many reasons. The simplicity came about because of my physical limitations at the time, but has stayed for two reasons; to remind myself of how far I have come and because I have realized how much more enjoyable simple is over elaborate rituals for me.

Another thing that I had long taken for granted, other than the ease of doing what is considered every day life, was my magical connection. It changed, not just from the physical effects of injury, but also from the effects of the prescription pain medication (pain meds). It was interesting how the pain meds cut out the connections to certain segments of the tree of life and enhanced others. A lot of old stagnant energy was finally able to drop off or finish processing. But the same token, when they changed my pain meds I lost all connection or at least lost track of the connection, which allowed more dead, old, dated energy to fall off or finish processing.

The end result: I am a happier, healthier (at least spiritually), warmer person than I was before the accident.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rebell or To Not - What is the line between Passion and Toxicity?

Worship Wheel

Because You're Beautiful ...