Reusable Produce Bags - Product Review

One way we can all participate in the reduce-reuse-recycle mind set is to have reusable produce and other bags. We are all familiar with the reusable grocery bags, pretty much every store has them, but there are also produce bags out there as well. I have tried 2 different types of reusable bag and like them.



Click here to get the above pictured bags and let me make a few pennies through Amazon's Affiliate Program

These bags are great for items that are not too small as the holes in the mesh are about a quarter inch. They let the veggies breath and dry out if needed. I prefer to use these bags when going to open air fruit stands as the produce there tends to be damp early in the morning.

My only complaint was not understanding the sizes until I had them in hand. The X-Large bags can easily fit an entire 5 pounds of potato's. The mediums will fit about 6 apples. Doesn't mean I don't use the bigger bags for items that take up less room, but as a person buying for only myself switching out the 2 XL bags for 2 more of the mediums would have worked out better.

These bags can be washed in the washing machine, but I like to put them in a zipper bag to keep other items from hanging up on them. Also keep them out of the Dyer as they shrink.


Click here to get the above pictured bags and let me make a few pennies through Amazon's Affiliate Program.

This set of bags is great for getting grains as the holes are as small as you find in shirts. I am fortunate to have a bulk buy store near me called Jar the Zero Waste Store that requires me to bring my own containers. These bags make it really easy to fill up and weight out at the register with the weight on the side of them. However I have found that unless you are buying something like coffee which has a significant dollar amount per pound it is really not necessary to have them confirm the weight of the bags prior to filling as the bags only create a variance of a penny or two.

Again I didn't understand the sizes until I had them in hand. The X-Large bags can easily fit an entire 5 pounds of potato's. The mediums will fit about 6 apples. Doesn't mean I don't use the bigger bags for items that take up less room, but as a person buying for only myself switching out the 2 XL bags for 2 more of the mediums would have worked

These bags can be washed in the washing machine, but I like to put them in a zipper bag to keep other items from hanging up on them. Also keep them out of the Dyer as they shrink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rebell or To Not - What is the line between Passion and Toxicity?

Worship Wheel

Because You're Beautiful ...