Self Authoring

Listening to Jordan Peterson about Universities, Education, and personal Growth today.

The last segment that is about 10 minutes long grabbed my attention so much that I had to stop and start it, re-listen to it multiple times. The last segment is about Self Authoring, there is a website that you can pay to have a guided course to write an autobiography. However it did explain some things, like why I still rant about the idiots breaking my hand, but am at complete peace about the motorcycle accident. Let me add in some of my notes from the video and see if that helps make sense. Italics are the notes from the video.


Change the world = change yourself
One person can not and should not force another person to change. Instead change yourself to be the ideal that you want to see.

Sort out the world = sort out yourself
When you sort yourself out the world will sort its self out.

If you have a memory that is more than 18 months old and you still have an emotional reaction then you have not fully articulated the memory, you have not analyzed it causality. 

Mastery = things turning out how you want them
Mastery happens when you are in a situation and are able to make decisions about or in the situation that turn out as you expect them to.

Mapping or fully articulating areas where you do not have mastery allows you to destress by reducing the mental load on yourself.

6 Epocs or sections of your life
Write about the emotionally significant events
Write about how they affect(ed) you, how did you do in those situations, how you could have changed them, what you could have done differently.

You remember your past = to be prepared for the future
You remember your past so that you can ready yourself to show mastery in a similar situation in the future.

You obsess about things because it is your brain is telling you “warning damage possible”

In short I still rant and obsess about the hand breaking incident, because I have not figured out how to have a better out come in that situation. I do not obsess about the motorcycle accident, because I have figured out what I could have done differently.

With the Motorcycle accident the simple act of not choosing to get in front of the vehicle I did would have changed that whole day. At the same time, my preplanning for such an even by wearing some of the protective gear I owned prevented more damage to my person. It was out of character for me to get in front of a vehicle behaving erratically, but I did, not much to do about that now.

With the breaking of the hand I thought I had done everything I could to prepare, yet still was injured. I said no to a person who needs a cane to walk to be in a role that another person's safety was at sake, but was called a spoiled brat for my effort. I was told 2 days prior to be fasted when I was eating 3,000 calories a day and going to the gym 6 days a week, nothing I could have done there other than cancel at that time. I was not informed that I would have to provide food for myself prior to the bullshit or be prepared to not have food for more than 4 hours, my body was used to getting approximately 300 calories  every 2 to 3 hours and was in emergency mode. I could have driven myself, but at the point in which that it was obvious that they did not care about my safety I was incapacitated too much from the body's response to the lack of food and the lack of water as I was only given wine to drink. So ultimately the only thing I can do is refuse to work with any individuals of this group of people in the setting in which caused the accident. Which is a very depressing situation, because it means I have to refuse to work with any in the larger grouping of the pagan world in the same settings because of the nature of the group that caused the injury.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rebell or To Not - What is the line between Passion and Toxicity?

Worship Wheel

Because You're Beautiful ...