Initiation

Initiation. Been seeing a lot of other bloggers write about the topic of initiation. It is a word that still is like nails on a chalk board to me. Complete with comical teeth grinding and gnashing.

Naturally this makes it a topic I must focus on and ask why.

Most of the documented initiations involve a ritual binding and blindfolding. I get the point of it; you were blind and now you see. But these seem to discount those that already see without their "brand" of whatever. Which I consider very rude and disrespectful; disregarding a person's natural inclination, ability, pick a word, to figure out a puzzle in spite of "your" secrets. At this point some have said that is how they know the person is ready for the ritual. Then why all this smoke and mirror routine? Just to be dishonest, to misdirect, for the fun of it? Well that's boring and a waste of time. If I wanted that level of intrigue I would be making much more money every year or working for the government.

Back to the topic at hand. What bothers me so much about this concept of initiation? I spent 8 weeks without the ability to walk, essentially trapped, after a motorcycle accident. The thought of being bound by another human being is met with a resounding "Yeah, No!" Which is a rather huge turn around from prior when I completely enjoyed others tying me up for pleasure. Even if the net from the accident is a gain for me; the drugs took many bad memories and thus I am a warmer person than I was prior.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, despite the heavy pain killers taking many memories and resulting in my being a warmer personality, I have retained my distrust of humans. To the point that I would rather be naked and bound in a cage with starved carnivorous animals than trust humans doing an initiation ritual where I am bound and blind folded. The reason is simple. Carnivorous animals will play a bit with their food to ensure they can kill it and once they commit to killing they do it as swiftly as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rebell or To Not - What is the line between Passion and Toxicity?

Worship Wheel

Because You're Beautiful ...