New Habits ... Same Me?

 Since the move and start of a new job ... all the new. I have noticed a few new (to my awareness anyway) things.

I tend to forget more when I am overwhelmed. I go into this automatic mode. Things that I do regularly still function as everyone is accustomed to, but higher thinking does not happen. The first sign of it is I stop daily journaling and start eating the same foods. I also tend to be more of a people pleaser during an overwhelmed mode, saying yes to things I wouldn't normally or forgetting about things that would conflict with my ability to fulfill prior obligations or the new request.

I am drawn to art more and want to create. Yet when it comes to the actual creation of art I either shut down completely or become overwhelmed to the point of tears. I don't know why. It is an improvement over prior, but still ... I don't have words. Dramatic art pieces or strong emotional music will bring tears to my eyes or cause a shut down. Best I can guess is something long broken is trying to mend.

I have a harder time keeping my word. I have become rather impulsive or is it forgetful. Definitely self centered. Definitely stuck in my own head. Most of this is more than likely from the isolation of living alone in a new area during a pandemic. It is hard to think of others when you only see others at work and they are there for you to serve. 

That last bit..It is hard to think of others when you only see others at work and they are there for you to serve... I think that is the key. My cup is empty and I need to refill it. So now, how do I do that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rebell or To Not - What is the line between Passion and Toxicity?

Worship Wheel

Because You're Beautiful ...