Journaling

 


Due to religion being something we all struggle to add to our lives, being pagan, and having the need or desire to have a regular journaling routine; I decided to create this guide for myself. Using the cycles of the moon and the lore in the pagan community to create a flexible journaling routine for myself. The idea is to create something that allows for small steps to progress to a larger picture using the general pagan first and second wheels of the year; the Sabbats and the moon phases.


Due to my wanting to make this more of a guide to journaling rather than a study on the Sabbats and Moon Phases they will be referenced only enough to be prompts on what information to possibly combine for the actual journal writing. If you have not already collected this information it is recommended that you do so first. The collection can be as simple as a book that covers said topic. I make this recommendation so that if you are stumped on what to write you have something to go to to reference for inspiration. 


At the end of this writing and collection is a worksheet. I work best with a “formal” starting place and in writing that is an outline. The worksheet is meant to be an outline to start writing from. In some cases you might find that all you write is the answers to the worksheet, other cases you might continue on and on from one point or another. That is exactly what it is meant to do.


Finally even if you do not have larger goals in your life at this time, this process can help you realize where you are trying to go, but have not fully acknowledged. It is achieved by just writing for a few months then reviewing what you wrote for common themes of desired outcomes or successes or even perceived failures. All of these can be used as guideposts to the patterns in our lives and as such where we are taking ourselves.

The Sabbats


SABBAT

CELEBRATION

ELEMENT

ZODIAC SIGN

MONTH

MOON

Yule

Winter Solstice

Earth

Capricorn

December

Cold Moon





January

Wolf Moon

Imbolc

High Winter

Air

Aquarius

February

Snow Moon



Water

Pisces

March

Worm Moon

Ostara

Spring Equinox

Fire

Aries

April

Pink Moon

Beltane

High Spring

Earth

Taurus

May

Flower Moon



Air

Gemini

June

Strawberry

Litha

Summer Solstice

Water

Cancer

July

Buck Moon

Lammas

High Summer

Fire

Leo

August

Sturgeon



Earth

Virgo



Mabon

Autumnal Equinox

Air

Libra

September

Harvest/Corn

Samhain

High Autumn

Water

Scorpio

October

Harvest/Hunters



Fire

Sagittarius

November

Beaver Moon



The Moon Phases 

New Moon

Rebirth, Reflection, Meditation


New Moon Journal Prompts

  • How am I feeling now? How do I feel about the world? How am I going to act on those feelings? Is there a positive outcome from acting on those feelings? Can I make a positive outcome by acting on those feelings?


  • Is there an idea that has been around for a while?


  • What are 9 things that I desire?


  • What am I grateful for that has happened since the last new moon? Is there something that happened last month that I should leave behind?


  • What are 9 things I believe in? Am I living in harmony with those beliefs? If not, what can I do to resolve this difference?

Waxing Crescent

Inspiration, Boundaries, Intention


First Quarter

Action, Decision Making, Planning


Waxing Moon Journal Prompts

  • What is inspiring me right now? Is it causing me to grow?


  • What is one small thing I can do to move towards a goal or realizing a dream?


  • How am I currently working toward growing or improving?


  • Where would I like to grow spiritually? Mentally? Emotionally? Physically? What small thing, for each, can I start doing now work toward realizing this growth?


  • List 9 reasons  you deserve your dreams

Waxing Gibbous

Refinement, Re-evaluation, Reflection


Full

Truth, Release, Pause


Full Moon Journal Prompts

  • What and where have I been neglecting my life?


  • Where is my heart wanting me to be?


  • What opportunities are available to me? Should I take them? Why?


  • Where can I increase peace at home?


  • How can I better connect with friends and family?


  • Am I properly providing for my body’s needs?


  • Am I tending my soul’s needs?


  • What am I holding on to?


  • Where have I been under performing? Why? 


  • What do I need to let go of?


  • Are there places in my life out of alignment with my intentions or goals?


  • What are my fears?


  • How can I re-visualize some areas of my life?

Waning Gibbous

Celebration, Sharing, Gratitude

Third Quarter

Forgiveness, Acknowledgement, Cleansing


Waning Moon Prompts

  • What am I most grateful for?


  • What have I learned this month?


  • How have I grown this month?


  • Is there anything I need to leave behind?


  • What can I pursue in the next cycle?


  • What self care am I doing this week?

Waning Crescent

Surrender, Healing, Mindfulness


Monthly Moon Journal Prompts

January

Secret Dreams

February

Forgiveness

March

New pursuits

April

Where do you get your energy from

May

What Deity or Entity is calling you to work with them

June

Self Love

July

Achievement so far

August

Abundance

September

Letting go

October

Death

November

Honor the Dead

December

Nurturing connections

Moon Phase Journaling Worksheet

Moon is the Sign Of:



The Sign is Known For:



What am I working towards in:

  • Mind


  • Passion


  • Emotional Self Care


  • Physical Self Care


  • Spirit



Intention for this Moon Phase:


Monthly Moon Journal Prompt:


Things I am Grateful For:



What am I working towards this Moon Phase:



How I am going to get there:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rebell or To Not - What is the line between Passion and Toxicity?

Worship Wheel

Because You're Beautiful ...