Why Pagan?

I have been asked this many times in a very short period, so I think someone is trying to get me to write about it. Here I go again ...

Why Pagan?

I like the tracking of the seasons and cycles of life. Giving honor to and learning how to see the patterns in life. It has taught me what to look for to feel the winds of change. To value the quiet smoldering passion over an all consuming one. To seek the deeper currents, but respect the unpredictability of the various levels while understanding how they all feed into each other. When to hold fast and how to build up pressure.

Freedom of belief. The lack of orthodoxy is a real relief. I am free to believe what I will. However I do find it a little comical that there is this concept of Orthopraxy; proper practice. When for almost every person out there, there is a different practice. Sure there are some common elements in some, but then for every group there is another that is doing with out.

Communing with the Gods  is my responsibility, not some other person heading up a ritual. If I want to know the Gods they speak to me, not through ancient writings, not through other people, but directly. Their voices are with me daily, hourly, constantly, I need only still myself to hear them.

My Gods expect me to do for myself. Not wait for them to do for me. I don't ask for things from the Gods; instead I ask for eyes to see, ears to hear, and a brain to comprehend it all. Because really things come and go, but wisdom only leaves when you let it. My life has really taught me that I truly can build from nothing as I have done it more than once, but the knowledge of how didn't change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rebell or To Not - What is the line between Passion and Toxicity?

Worship Wheel

Because You're Beautiful ...